Healthcare/Medical Project in Costa Rica
- Program: Volunteer in Costa Rica
- Project:Health Project
- Room and Board: Host family & 3 times a day local food
- Work Hours:30-36 hours per week
- Start Date:2nd and 4th Mondays of each month
- Arrival and Departure: Juan Santa Maria International Airport, San Jose
Volunteer in Public Health Project of Costa Rica and be part of the team that will cure diseases and bring relief to the people. Many poor and deprived Costa Rican often don't get adequate health care and many still succumb to treatable diseases. RCDP has partnered with couple of organizations that provide healthcare services to the poor and you can choose to work in Clinica San Juan de Dios or in a clinic or work in both.
Volunteer now and help in make the efforts of these projects more effective. Through you dedicated effort the health of many people can improve.
Previous experience in the public health industry is useful, but not necessary. Volunteers are expected to be reliable, flexible, be initiative, and patient as working condition and the mentality of the people will be very different from what you're used to back home. We also prefer volunteers with knowledge of basic Spanish.
- Clinic/Hospital: In the project you will do regular checkups and assist the doctors or nurses in other works. You might also have to travel to rural places where some of the patients come from and provide vaccination and do other checkups. Other work responsibility will depend on volunteer’s skills, experience and their knowledge of Spanish.
- Clinica San Juan de Dios: The clinic offers free treatment to children who are mentally disturbed and physically handicapped. You’ll work alongside nurses, teaches and physical therapist. You’ll be assigned various tasks depending upon your skills, experience and Spanish. You can also assist with the teachings in the school.
Accommondation/Meal and Supervision
RCDP will provide from your every need during the volunteer work project. During the project, you will stay with a host family. You will be provided with a separate room but you will have to share bathroom facilities. We have chosen our host family carefully and they will provide with a safe and secure location for you to stay. They will have experience of hosting foreign volunteers before and at least one member of the host family will be able to communicate with you in English. Staying with a host family is a wonderful way to learn about the lifestyle and culture of Costa Rica. You will be served 3 locals meals by the host family. The meals will be prepared hygienically. Our staff will also visit you regularly to check your progress and see if you're satisfied with the project or not. So you can rest assure that you will be completed looked after while you volunteer in orphanage work project in Costa Rica.
On-going volunteer programs in Costa Rica